Publication Award Guidelines
The purpose of the Publication Assistance Award is to help cover the cost associated with the publication of a scholarly work.
All Publication Award Applications are due within 30 days after the expense is paid. No exceptions!
Please read through the Publication Award Application Instructions. You will complete the following two documents and submit along with other requested documents per the instructions to the "Apply Now" link below.
All conference and publication assistance awards must be submitted online. Please use the link below to submit your publication award application online. If you are having trouble accessing the form, log into MySLU first, click on Tools, click on Google Drive, then come back to this page and click on our link.
- This award will provide 50% of eligible costs associated with the publication with a maximum award of up to $500. For example, if $1,000 is spent, a student can receive a publication award of $500.
- Any current graduate student whose department is in good standing with GSA at the time that the costs were incurred may apply for a GSA Publication Assistance Award no later than 30 days following payment for the expenses.
- A student may request this award only once per semester (Fall semester: July 1 to December 31; Spring semester: January 1 to June 30), and only once per publication.
- Application for this award will not impact the eligibility for any other GSA awards.
- Original receipts for costs incurred must be submitted with the award application. Any documentation supporting the costs must be included (e.g. correspondence with the publisher about fees). In addition, you must submit a publisher’s or editor’s letter announcing acceptance of the publication.
Any questions should be sent to the Conference Awards Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.